The microSENSES laboratory belongs to the Department of Electronic Engineering of TEI-A. It was established to host research activities in the general field of microsystems, sensors and embedded devices.
The laboratory mainly focuses in the following research fields:
- Development of microsystems
- Fabrication and evaluation of integrated thermal sensors
- Development of integrated accelerometers
- Development of new microsystem technologies
- Development of integrated bio-sensors and bio-systems
- Microsystems modeling and simulation
- Microfluidic devices – Applications to health and biology
- Flexible substrate technologies – Development and evaluation of microstructures
- Embedded systems – microcontrollers
- Electronic sensor interfacing
- Sensor networks
- To enhance research in the general field of Microsystems, Microfluidics and Embedded devices
- To develop innovative technologies in microfluidics and flexible electronics sectors.
- To build-up an internationally competitive research Laboratory.
- To provide a challenging work environment, where people contribute to common objectives while responding to individual needs and aspirations.